HP3000-L Archives

March 2001, Week 5

From:
Andrew Cartledge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Cartledge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Mar 2001 06:23:19 -0500
OK.

I have this problem when using NETIPC in so far that when connecting to a
remote system via a gateway it take too long (10 secs) to establish the
address from the node name with IPCDEST. (I've timed it both in the program
and using the NAMEADDR.PATH option in NETTOOL.NET).

I added the node name to the NSDIR directory via NMMGR and this certainly
speeds up the lookup via the NETTOOL utility.

BUT for some reason when doing the call via NETIPC intrinsics the process
now fails in IPCRECV. The sequence is IPCDEST (use to take 10 secs and is
now done immediately), IPCCONNECT and then IPCRECV.

IPCRECV fails on a time out as if it could not get a connect (I tested
against a non-existanct ip address and go the same result, when going back
to a node name not in NSDIR but pointing to the same IP it works again but
after 10 seconds)

Is there something I have missed in NSDIR, that when using HOSTS.NET
resolves albeit v..e..r..y slowly.

Its a type 1 path configured with the remote node name and IP address.(I
have checked this several times after yesterdays hoha)

TIA
Andrew