HP3000-L Archives

March 2001, Week 5

From:
Andrew Cartledge <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Andrew Cartledge <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 10:57:33 -0500
In trying to open a connection to a remote site using NETIPC intrinsics,
the IPCDEST connection is taking 10 seconds (I've done displays in my prog
before and after an intrinsic IPCDEST call)once established the post and
disconnect is less than 1 second.

I ran NETTOOL, and discovered a similar problem using the
NAMEADDR.PATH.NAME utility (the ADDRESS option responded immediately)

I added the Node and IP address I was trying to reach into the Network
Directory via NMMGR and this resolved the time taken via NETTOOL but my
application call to IPCDEST still takes 10 second (when you potentilally
1000's of trans a day this is a disaster).

Has anyone expeience of such performance problems? I have had HP look at it
but as far as they are concerned the network looks fine. (and I am not
knocking HP)

Help!