HP3000-L Archives

March 2001, Week 4

From:
Goetz Neumann <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Goetz Neumann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Mar 2001 05:01:35 -0600
Donna Garverick wrote:

> > Thank you for this. HP have informed me of the
> > following which has sorted my problem.
> >
> > To set the default page size to A4 the
> > NPCONFIG.PUB.SYS file requires an entry:
> >
> > default_page_size=26
> >
> > (Note the possible values for the above parameter in
> > NPCONFIG are as follows:
> >  default_page_size = 1         # for EXEC page size
> >  default_page_size = 2         # for LETTER page size
> >  default_page_size = 3         # for LEGAL page size
> >  default_page_size = 26        # for DIN A4 page size)
>
> this is interesting...i've never seen (or at least don't remember
> seeing) any *documentation* for npconfig on this setting.  didn't
> some sig (sysman or print) ask hp to make public all the setting
> for npconfig??  (and if they haven't they should....think i'll
> talk to the chair of sig sysman.... :-)    - d

I guess there has not been a new revision of the spooler
manual, but it is documented in ITRC :  KBRC00003230 .

Note that this parameter only affects banners (header/trailer),
your data page size depends on:
- no setup file    -> hardcoded defaults
- empty setup file -> no defaults
- your setup file.

Apart from what was initially released with MPE/iX 5.5
we have only added:

default_page_size           (as shown above)
serial_printer_simulation   (with patch MPEKXF7, IIRC).

I remember I requested these to be documented in a Communicator
article, but I have not checked if that actually happened.

HTH,
Goetz.