HP3000-L Archives

March 2001, Week 4

From:
"Wayne R. Boyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 22 Mar 2001 23:27:40 EST
Implied in what you found out is that the default page size if nothing is
specified in NPCONFIG is LETTER.  The spooler software should thus be sending
out the PCL escape sequences that Carl noted but set for LETTER.  It might
have been better if HP had no default and let the printer chose it's own
paper but that apparently wasn't the way it was done.

It might be fun to try out a legal size output from the 3000... I've never
done that but we now know how to set it up as the default.

Does anybody happen to know if HP has documented all of the syntax that can
be used in NPCONFIG?  This "default..." is a new one to me.  This syntax
should also grow and grow as more and more PCL commands are created to
control more and more options on LaserJets.

Wayne Boyer