HP3000-L Archives

March 2001, Week 4

From:
Tom Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tom Brandt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 27 Mar 2001 16:17:29 -0500
My client was thinking that to use a laser printer for this purpose, copy 1
and copy 2 of the bill would be on separate cut sheets of paper.

Other respondents have said that they have run separate sheets of "carbon"
paper through lasers without problem. What someone suggested was to put the
sheets with the "carbon" (there has to be a generic word for this) in tray
1, and regular paper sheets in tray 2. Then print copy 1 from tray 1, copy
2 from tray 2, put the set together, and have the driver sign. We will look
into this, although I am concerned about printer problems caused by the
carbon (or whatever) backing coming off the sheets and gumming up the sheet
feed mechanism.

Others have suggested using LineJet printers. We will also investigate this.

At 04:01 PM 3/27/2001 -0500, Wayne R. Boyer wrote:
>Re: multi-part forms with barcodes and places for signatures... There is no
>way you can feed any kind of multi-part form through a standard laser
>printer.  It's because all common laser printers are designed to use
>cut-sheet paper.  There are a few laser printers which do use the tractor
>feed approach and with those you might be successfull with multi-part paper
>stock.
>
>Depending upon how things are setup, you might want to look at printing bar
>codes from the dot matix printers.  With some custom programming, most bar
>code formats should be printable on the various HP brand printers.  The bar
>code printing done by most HP printers is simply escape sequence controlled.
>You can also use a bitmap approach to do non-standard (to HP) bar codes.
>
>Wayne Boyer

Tom Brandt
Northtech Systems, Inc.
313 N. 1st Street