HP3000-L Archives

March 2001, Week 3

From:
[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 17 Mar 2001 04:01:49 -0600664_- X-no-Archive:yes

[log in to unmask] wrote:

> Ah, just for the record, I am NOT a card carrying treehugger or

getting a bit more off-topic, I have never understood why the
word 'treehugger' has apparently such a negative sentiment in
U.S. society.
Maybe it is my German culture (almost paranoidly being keen
on trees and forests, remember the 'Waldsterben' vocabulary?)
background that makes me not comprehend why people being strongly
rational and emotional about preserving the environment are being
dismissed as 'lunatics'.
The powers in these words are mightier than Uncle Sam's dollar,
I believe. [...]42_17Mar200104:01:[log in to unmask]