HP3000-L Archives

March 2001, Week 3

Condense Mail Headers

Sender:
HP-3000 Systems Discussion <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 09:56:47 -0700
From:
Rene Woc <[log in to unmask]>
To: Burgess Peter <[log in to unmask]>
At 9:04 AM -0700 3/15/01, Burgess Peter wrote:

>Hi
>
>We are currently investigating some issues that seem to re occur every 6
>months. The database analysis shows a number of broken chains on the image
>sets. I thought that Broken chains in the new order of things would be very
>very rare. We are currently running under 6.0 of mpe/ix.
>
>Does anyone know of a programmatic reason as to how we can cause this. We
>are using Cobol and Powerhouse to talk to the databases. No hardware
>failures on the disks have been reported.
>
>If you require any further information please let me know.
>
>Regards
>
>Peter Burgess
>MicroWarehouse
>www.microwarehouse.co.uk

Ken Paul <[log in to unmask]> posted to HP3000-L two messages that could
explain the problems Peter is experiencing. The first one was thirteen
months ago, on February 24, 2000. The second one was ten months ago, on May
26, 2000.  Because of their relevance, I'm repeating them today: