HP3000-L Archives

March 2001, Week 2

From:
RJ Keefer <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
RJ Keefer <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 15:11:52 -0500
the settings have been as follows for 25 years:

CQ 152,200,1,2000,200
DQ 202,238,2000,2000,200
EQ 240,253,2000,2000,200

The only change has been to add 'oscillate'.  The queue value of 32k and
the workgroup enhancement have not changed the defaults, not have they
changed the way in which the TUNE commands and the queues work.  The
defaults are designed for a machine that is I/O bound and should not be
left alone on any machine that is having prioritization problems.  If a
machine is fast enough and has enough memory, just about any setting will
work.  But the TUNE settings must be altered for any machine experiencing
difficulties.

Randy Keefer