HP3000-L Archives

March 2001, Week 2

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 08:28:34 +0100
Alan,

>transaction with a 200 196 is working correctly. I am specifically having
>problems with transactions that return a 200 0.  The servlet being called is
>only doing an HTTP post.

As Mark mentioned, the 2nd number is the number of bytes sent in reponse
to the client request. Maybe your doPost() method implementation in the
servlet does not use HttpServletResponse.setContentType() and .getWriter()
to return some output (at least a "<p>Thank you</p>" or somesuch). If you
don't want to send any kind of output in response to the POST, you might
want to use .sendRedirect() instead, to get back to the original page or
whatever is appropriate in the context.

Oh, by the way, the .sendRedirect() approach would also make sure that
the user cannot get himself (or herself) into trouble by pressing the
Reload button in the browser (which would resubmit the POST request a
second time, which might not be desirable ;-)

Lars.