HP3000-L Archives

March 2001, Week 2

From:
Keven Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Keven Miller <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 8 Mar 2001 12:09:54 -0700
I believe this is a reflection problem your having
(so yes, it has been discussed).

Here is a post received from wrq (Thu 09/24/98 1:28 PM):
     From a 1995 entry in our data base:

     HPTYPEAHEAD is supported in HP's NS Services.  The trick is to
     create a "VENVCNTL" file with the sixth byte as 1.  This extends
     the terminal status read length by one byte.  When this is set
     VPLUS apps, including FORMSPEC work over HP's stack with
     HPTYPEAHEAD = TRUE.

VENVCNTL.PUB.SYS is a user environment control file designed to
make some terminal activities configurable.

To implement the user environment control file, first build the
file:

   :BUILD VENVCNTL.PUB.SYS;DEV=DISC;REC=-80,1,F,ASCII

The VENVCNTL file does not have to reside in .PUB.SYS.  However
if the file resides in another group and account you must set up
the following file equation:

    FILE VENVCNTL.PUB.SYS=VENVCNTL.mygroup.myaccount.

The following procedure uses VPLUS to modify  byte 6 in the
VENVTCNTL file.

:EDITOR
/A
1         000001
/K VENVCNTL.PUB.SYS
/EXIT

Enabling byte 6 extends the terminal status read length by one
byte if required (for example, with buffered networks).

> Keven Miller   mailto:[log in to unmask]   http://www.exegesys.com

Plan now to attend the
eXegeSys eRP Users Conference 2001, Oct. 1-4, Downtown SLC.
Register today by visiting www.exegesys.com/erp2001/welcome.htm