HP3000-L Archives

March 2001, Week 1

From:
Russ Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Russ Smith <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 16:49:39 -0800
Prior to 6.0, (i.e. CSTM), we could use SYSDIAG\LOGTOOL to extract a virtual
console log (anything written to the console), and then use an editor or
MPEX %PRINT/SEARCH to find specific text.

Since we no longer have access to SYSDIAG, we no longer have LOGTOOL.  I
know discussions have been held on this, but I don't remember any good
resolutions.

Does anyone have a solution to this problem?  Is there a simple way to
interrogate and extract (in printable form) the data in the system log
files?

Thanks,
Rs~

Russ Smith, Systems Consultant