HP3000-L Archives

March 2001, Week 1

From:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lars Appel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 2 Mar 2001 21:46:16 +0100
>BusinessWeek has an interesting article on some of the ways
>spammers can use JavaScript in email.  One (illegal) technique
>is to track both the email *and* any text added when forwarding
>the email to another person.

Hmmm. Now I begin to understand why Netscape has to two separate
checkboxes regarding JavaScript... one for web pages and one for
mail and newsgroup postings... Too sad that many people consider
Java (the Sun programming language) a security risk, whereas it
seems that JavaScript (the Netscape/Microsoft browser extension)
is the troublesome thing...