SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2001

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 6 Mar 2001 17:43:50 -0500
On Tue, 6 Mar 2001 13:08:26 -0500, Reef Fish
<[log in to unmask]> wrote in reply to Lee Bell.

I don't mind making typographical errors or even grammatical errors
when it is obvious what I MEAN to say.

But there are times that I make poor sentence constructions which
make the MEANING ambiguous, or even OPPOSITE to what I mean.  That's
when an explicit correction seems called for.

In this case, the sentence in question was:

>Worst of all, you DON'T BOTHER (or DON'T KNOW
>HOW) to check the archives for FACTUAL evidence before you mouth
>off, as I have repeatedly told you that you should do.

This is the kind of sentence that can and SHOULD be ridiculed.  :0)

It reads that I have repeatedly told Lee that he should NOT
bother to check the archives for FACTUAL evidence before he
mouths off.  That, of course, is exactly the OPPOSITE of what
I meant to say.

On that note, I might as well show an exhibit of Lee in action
-- NOT bothering and too lazy to check the archives, but have
plenty of time to continue mouthing off the SAME falsehood, in
his response to the very post that irked Strike.

Lee > >2. That same someone said that he would confirm, which unit the
Lee > >Aggressor fleet was using and report back.  I haven't seen a
Lee > >response so far.

RF > That's a DAMNED LIE.   I didn't say it.  You should have cited the
RF > sources.

Lee> I'll go back and confirm this one.  I'm pretty sure you did say it in
Lee> reference to Kelly's promise to find out.  If you didn't, I'll admit my
Lee> mistake.  When are you going to admit yours?

That was Mon, 5 Mar 2001 13:58:30 -0500

Many hours and many posts by Lee later, Tue, 6 Mar 2001 00:42:48 -0500,
Lee had THIS exchange in reply to Strike on the SAME item:

Strike> I do think that it was Kelly who said that! :-)

Lee> I think Bob said he would find out and, in the same or a
Lee> latter message, indicated that it would be Kelly that would
Lee> check for him.  I have not yet had a chance to check.  If
Lee> I'm wrong, I'll admit it.

How long does it take to check out ONE FACT when it was repeatedly
pointed out to Lee that his claim was a FALSE allegation?

He kept on repeating the SAME falsehood rather than check it out
in the archives.  He did exactly the same thing on various FACTUAL
things that are easily verifiable.  Lee's typical stance is to
KEEP arguing.  Keep making the same FALSE statements.  Keep saying
"I have not yet had a chance to check" when he had NOTHING but
time to check, if he hadn't used them all to make posts ARGUING
on empty.

The BEST thing Lee can contribute to this LIST now is to take a
sabbatical from it for a week or three.  Never mind apologizing to
me for ANY of his lies that have been confirmed to be lies in
the archives.

Perhaps we'll all start afresh when he returns, and perhaps we'll
all have learned something from these threads.

With this note, it's MY TURN to lurk for awhile.  :-)  It's too damn
much w*rk for a retarrred person to spend in one *^#%$ LIST in one
day.  :-)

-- Bob.