SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2001

Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 21:24:13 -0600
<SNIP>
> Nor can quantum or any other form.  A "thinking" computer is either
> a misnomer for "artificial intelligence" or a science fiction
> notion.  That is why the computer between our ears (for most of us
> <G>) is such a valuable and amazing machine!  Don't ever short=
> change it in a manner trolled by Giovanni.
>
> -- Bob.

A debatable point but not for this forum.  The boys and girls at MIT and
Poughkeepsie and other such places are making strides - big ones.  When you
can sit at a KB and type or at a microphone and talk and can't tell if the
responder is human or a computer, is the machine thinking?  An interesting
philosophical debate but - this is not the place.

CH