SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2001

From:
Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 5 Mar 2001 11:02:46 -0500
I got my information from ACR over the weekend, including information on the
Mini B 300.  Here are some of the features listed:
1. The first EPIRB designed to operational pressure depths of 200 feet.
2. Activated by releasing the bent antenna and turning a switch.  It's the
only ACR unit with a bent antenna.
3. Long range, boats 5-8 miles, helicopters 15 - 20 miles, commercial
aircraft, 75 - 100 miles, SARSAT (search and rescue satellites), world wide.
4. Works with the Vectra hand held radio direction finder, equipped with a
highly directional antenna.

Seems to me it's time for some input from a few others:
1. Someone said I didn't know which unit the Aggressor had.  That person
called me a liar for saying I did.
2. That same someone said that he would confirm, which unit the Aggressor
fleet was using and report back.  I haven't seen a response so far.
3. Christian said that the unit broadcast over a long distance.  The same
someone said it didn't.  I agreed with Christian.

Someone who has consistently proven unwilling to admit his own mistakes
resorting to misdirection and name calling when it looks like he's been
caught in one, has done it again.  He's been accused of posting on what he
does not know (which he claims he never does), posting without facts (which
he also claims he never does).  So far, he has, again, failed to admit his
mistakes or apologize for calling others liars, idiots, mental midgets or
swine simply for disagreeing with him when, in fact, he was wrong and they
were right.

That someone might find it good for his soul if he  would come clean, just
as he expects others to when they are caught making similar mistakes.  I'm
not holding my breath and, personally, don't care one way or the other.  My
statements have been supported, with or without admission of error by
others.  Still, one who seems so willing to relate all the times he thinks
he beat someone else over the head probably should be as willing to admit
that, at least this time, he was the one that got the beating.

Anyone want to bet on whether or not he will?

Lee