SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2001

From:
Giovanni Marola <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 28 Mar 2001 16:35:45 +0200
Huw Porter wrote:

> I've also heard Lionfish referred to as Firefish in French Polynesia.

You are right, there is a lot of names. For example in some places
the white splined lion fishes are called antennata lion fishes:
a very big confusion not as in the case of anemone fishes which are
very well classified,

> Which Anemone Fish is known as a clownfish?

The anphiprion percula. Instead the amphiprion ocellaris
which is very similar, is called false clown fish.

> Watch out for 'artifacting' or little speckles of false colour close to
> borders between light and dark areas, and loss of detail in fine texture as
> you compress.
>
> I think Ps-6 has a jpeg optimiser under 'save as - jpg', where you can
> adjust the compression to get the file as small as possible while checking
> for image degradation. :-?

Yes it is possible to visualize two or more images on the screen,
with increasing compression in order to check for degradation.

Cheers

Giovanni (USD President)
_____
Giovanni Marola