SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2001

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 25 Mar 2001 07:16:52 +1000
On Sunday, March 25, 2001 6:35 AM, Lee Bell wrote:

(snip)
> > > According to the copy I have, it was last modified in November of
1999,
> > > effective February of 2000.  As I recall, which may be in error,
> specific
> > > requirements for lookouts were changed.  I also have a copy of the
code
> > > for technical diving which was changed in August of 2000.

> > No it wasn't!  You're referring to a previous advisory.  In the case of
> the
> > technical diving code it's still very much in the melting pot and has
yet
> > be finalised!  (There is no previous advisory!)

> I'm not sure what it is that you are responding "no it wasn't" to.

Your statement that it had been modified!

>  My copy
> of the code id definitely dated November 1999 and effective February 2000.
> These dates are included in the text.  Since this is the first
version/copy
> I saw, I can't say with any certainty at all that it was a change or, if
so,
> what the change was.

Then why are you using terms like 'modified' if you don't know the facts????

>There may have been a previous advisory, but I didn't
> intentionally refer to it.  I was not aware of it.  None of the documents
> have appear to be "advisories" as I would use the term, but there's no
> guarantee that I'm using it the same way you are.

Obviously not!

>  My tech diving code
> appears complete and final, but that's no assurance it is.

I can assure you that - assuming that you're referring to the *proposed*
Queensland Technical diving Code? - it's nowhere near completed and that
there has, since the public comment draft (the "Code" that you refer to) was
released, been an enormous number of changes, refinements and on-going
discussions about what form it should finally take.

> > > It is possible, even probable given your commercial diving background.

> > And the rest!

> And the rest what?

You missed out military - and the rest!

> > >Add to that differences in our assessment of our point in our relative
> diving
> > > lives.  If I recall correctly, you have adopted several practices that
> > > indicate you are drawing away from diving you once considered fine in
> > > recognition that you are not as young as you once were.

> > True!  But then I'm older than you!

> There was no criticism implied.

I didn't take it as such.

Strike