SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2001

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Mar 2001 13:43:21 -0500
Crusty's "devil" pics on our Cayman Aggressor trip was from his
webpage report which included pics of our party with Wayne and Anne
Hasson co-CEO/President of the Aggressor Fleet.

That prompted me to give Wayne a phone call to ask about certain
Aggressor matters and in the course of our conversation asked him
some questions about the EPIRB that will be used on the Aggressor.
From the info dispensed in THIS FORUM, it is pretty clear that NO
ONE had spoken to anyone in the Aggressor Fleet (if at all) who
has the CORRECT information about their units, because I got the
info from Wayne Hasson himself, who ordered the units and cited
facts and figures on top of his head without having to refer to
anything.  I consider him the authoratative source about the
units used on the AGGRESSOR FLEET.  :-)

This is NOT to re-open the can of dirty worms, but simply to TIE
UP some loose ends while giving this list some CURRENT INFO about
the unit itself and where it will be used that are until now
UNKNOWN to anyone of the list, not even in the News Release (else
I think someone might have reported it).

On Tue, 6 Mar 2001 10:40:04 +1100, David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>On Tuesday, March 06, 2001 3:02 AM, Lee Bell wrote:
>
>(technical specification info snipped)

We'll go back to those details shortly.  :-)

DS> OK!  I'll throw some burley into the muddy waters!  :-)
>
DS> Lee!  Until now, did you know for certain what unit the Agressor
DS> fleet had?

LB> I knew the first time I said I knew.  I checked with the
LB> manufacturer very early in the thread, a fact I mentioned before
LB> Bob claimed I did not know.

Mainly because no one had talked to anyone in the Aggressor Fleet
about it, until NOW.

Now let's cut back to some FACTS, stated in the post Strike snipped,
and correct them with what I learned TODAY from Wayne Hasson himself.