SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2001

Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 20:08:37 -0600
On 19 Mar 2001, at 11:42, David Strike wrote:

> On Monday, March 19, 2001 5:46 AM, Mike wrote:
>
> > Thanks for the report Kuty. For those of us that do Public Safety
> > diving, training is an ongoing, never ending task, that we realize we
> > must do to remain competent and confident in our abilities to do
> > our job in less than perfect conditions.
>
> > Our team was called out this morning to do a recovery in a small
> > pond in an area we call Research Park.
> (snip)
> > A sad day for this man's family and for those of us that did the
> > recovery.
>
> Mike!  I can only re-iterate what I earlier wrote in response to Kuty, that
> you guys never cease to amaze me.  You really are the true 'unsung heroes'
> of diving.  It's good to know that there are people like you out there, who
> are prepared to bring a conclusion to a family's suffering and grief.
>
> Strike

Thanks Mate.... I'll take the risk of speaking for Kuty here too and
say that that is why we do it. Knowing that the pain for the family is
going to be bad enough, that we are able to bring some closure by
a recovery and possibly ease some pain in their moment.
Fortunately for us today, we were able to make the recovery
without the family on scene so that they were spared that part of
the accident.

Mike