SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2001

From:
Brad Stambaugh <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 18 Mar 2001 02:43:15 -0500
The interactions between the people on this list, seem to have reached a
stalemate. Was it always like this, or is it because of the recent
fights, that still continue to linger? When I came to this list, it
seemed to me, that this list was very special. People around the world
were discussing scuba, and being friends. And the thing that amazed me
the most was that these people became such good friends, that they flew
around the world to meet each other, and dive together!

But somewhere along the way, hatred has developed. When and why most of
this happened is not so obvious to me. But I have seen a few reasons,
and I'll tell you; ...there are some characters on this list that are
making open discussion of any topic impossible for a lot of other
people. Some members support this, and some members don't. What is
surprising to me is how everyone seems so intellgent, but won't avoid a
worthless fight.

Has anyone thought of what the future will be like for this list, if
this continues? Some people have made plans to get together in the
Cayman Islands, and that includes me. I hope that this trip lives up to
my high expectations, instead of becoming a huge regret. This list is an
excellent opportunity  for exchange of valuable information about scuba,
and even off topic stuff. I have enjoyed the writing of everyone here. I
have laughed heartily many times. I have learned a lot, and appreciate
everyone for shareing thier experiences. To me, this list is a valuable
collection of many diverse people, and I would like to see it remain
just that, ....a valuable collection of many diverse people.

...Brad