SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2001

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 19:31:57 -0500
We hear plenty of (legitimate) complaints about OT, noise, and
flamewars, and not infrequently the astute question of why we
aren't discussin SCUBA and scuba related topics?

Perhaps provoked by Chuck's characterization that Strike's tale
(about his navy brawl -- which had valuable "morals" imbedded
in his story) was "chest beating and not scuba" <I said I
wish Strike would post more tales of that sort because "we need
them badly">, and perhaps Strike was indeed cleaning out his
hard drive (I don't know why :-) because memory is so cheap
these days), Strike re-posted half-a-dozen or so of his past
articles which I thought would open the FLOODGATE for those
hungry for SCUBA discussion!

Alas, as good and provocative (for thought and dive discussion)
those articles are, Strike was doing SOLO on two of them (The
Diving Cards and Dive Knives).  The "Drysuit" article drew
a short cryptic (to me) comment from Chuck.  Nobody discussed
any LESSONS to be learned from the Sum Scuba Tale.  Last, but
not least -- the Lift Bag article, FULL OF sub-topics for
scuba discussion, was immediately derailed by TROLLS from
Giovanni, and continuation of unrelated and impertinent
flamewars.

Those of you who WANT to discuss SCUBA -- why don't you DO SO?
and not waste your time trying to reform others?

ACTION speaks louder than WORDS -- I always hold.  Lately (I
mean in the past MONTHS) there have been much frivolous and
pointless WORDS, and not much ACTION in scuba discussion that
is of much substance.

Where are we heading?  How and Why?

-- Bob.