SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2001

From:
David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Mar 2001 14:48:16 +1100
On Monday, March 12, 2001 1:21 PM, J.M. Vitoux wrote:

> David Strike wrote:
> > Excess gas is always a problem!  (And bear in mind that there have been
> > cases of embolism from people moving from a kneeling to a standing
position
> > in the shallow end of a swimming pool.)

> I've heard this one several times and was just wondering wether
> there were documented facts on these or if it was some kind of
> UL.

As the operator is well respected and was without fault it serves no useful
purpose to mention names other than to say that that one operator had two
instances in which this happened during pool training sessions.

It really was only to highlight the fact that our lungs are reasonably
sensitive things and nowhere near as tough and durable as, say, our heads!
:-)

Strike