SCUBA-SE Archives

March 2001

From:
Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Mar 2001 11:04:26 -0500
Thos person 'asked permission' bless his heart to submit this slightly
off-topic survey information to the list.  It seems at least marginally
appropriate so I am forwarding the info.

Jeff Kell <[log in to unmask]>
--------------
Dear Sir or Madam:

We request your participation in a study of beach resort design and planning
that I am conducting as part of my doctoral studies at Virginia Polytechnic
Institute and State University. This study focuses primarily on the potential
for applying sustainable design principles to coastal tourism development.

As part of my study, I have developed an on-line survey for collecting the
perceptions of beach resort visitors, designers/planners, and managers/owners
concerning environmentally sound and sustainable coastal development.

The survey is located on
http://www.geocities.com/bakr_mourad

The site is best viewed by using Microsoft Internet Explorer.

The results of this survey, available to participants upon request, will be
useful to beach resort development decision-makers as a guide for improving
the quality of existing and future projects.

The survey site is linked to three sections visitors, managers, and designers.
 I appreciate your help to forward this survey on to others who have interest
on environmental design and planning issues.

As stated in the survey, all data gathered will remain confidential, and will
only be used for research purposes.  No individuals or projects will be
identified by name in reporting the results of this research.

If you have questions or require additional information, please contact me at
(540) 961-7009, fax (540) 231-3367, or [log in to unmask]  Thank you for your
time and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Bakr M. A. Ahmed, Doctoral Candidate
Virginia Tech
School of Architecture
Environmental Design and Planning Program