HP3000-L Archives

February 2001, Week 4

From:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Gavin Scott <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 23 Feb 2001 11:48:26 -0800
Peter asks:
> To add some more information on the problem is that the printer
> is using ZPL II lanugage(a tagged language). When we used the
> fwrite methods it did not recognise the tags and so no formatting
> occurred with the data(probably extra cctl codes included). The
> resolution for us was to send the file down as an ascii file and
> print directly from the pc.

It should not be hard to get this to work on the 3000.  Zebra printers are
one of the most popular "unsupported" printers on 3000s, and have been for
many years.  For example, all those labels you see on your MPE FOS, SLT,
SUBSYS, PowerPatch, etc., tapes you get from HP were printed on Zebra
printers attached to a 3000 via a serial DTC port.

I'm not sure what your problem is, but getting more-or-less transparent
communication to a printer on the 3000 should be easy enough, at least so as
to make ZPL work.

G.