HP3000-L Archives

February 2001, Week 4

From:
Bill Cadier <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Bill Cadier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 12:27:11 -0700
Ted writes:

> Thus it was written in the epistle of Bill Cadier,
> >
> > If this followed a patch installation this might explain it.
>
> It followed a reactive patch installation with Patch/iX via tape.
>
> Ted
> --
> Ted Ashton ([log in to unmask]), Info Sys, Southern Adventist University
>           ==========================================================
> Poetry is as exact a science as geometry.
>                                              -- Flaubert, Gustave (1821-1880)
>           ==========================================================
>          Deep thoughts to be found at http://www.southern.edu/~ashted

Oh my...

Couple quick things to look at:

The stage needs to be on LDEV 1 and should it somehow have migrated off ldev 1 (never
saw that happen!) then a list file of

LISTFILE /SYS/hpstage/[stage name],-3

would show this. Also a LISTFILE /SYS/hpstage/[stage name]/,2 would show that both NL
and START are in there as they should be. The file timestamps should match but that is
not what is checked at boot to generate the error. The timestamps we really care about are
internal to the two files.

If the current stage was built on a prior stage then that might be worth checking into with the
help of the Response Center.

I could find no 'known problems' that explain this. In fact there was only one documented
instance that cleared up after a boot from tape.

The best bet would be contacting the Response Center for some help.

Sorry I'm not much help.

Bill
HP/CSY
reply to: [log in to unmask]