HP3000-L Archives

February 2001, Week 4

From:
"Wayne R. Boyer" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:58:25 EST
Re:

> Am I missing something here.... I've still got one doing light duty work but
> from my experience the name was an oxymoron. The old 293x printer are much
> more rugged, or even the newer P405's.

I agree. After years of servicing just about all of HP's printers, my impact
printer of choice continues to be anything in the 256x family (The LM series
are 256x units in disguise for those who don't know).  The 293x family is
easy to maintain and with simple service will work forever.

Please note that there is a LOT of difference between the low end 2563A/B/C
type units and the big 2567A/B high volume units.  All are cheap and easily
maintained by third-party companies.  HP has once again done what I consider
to be a poor business move by dropping the 256x family.

Wayne Boyer
Cal-Logic