HP3000-L Archives

February 2001, Week 4

From:
Tom Renz <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 12:37:25 -0500
A few weeks back I started a search for a used external CD drive to
attach to HP3000's.  I received several responses for available drives
and an alternative.  Thank you to those who responded and offered the
CD drives.

The solution we went with was that we found a minimally used external
CD drive (SCSI) that was almost new and at a cost under $100.  The unit
is an Apple external CD drive (SCSI) that connected to the system
and worked like a charm without any problems.  We just connected it
using the same SCSI address and configuration and all is well.  The
Apple external CD drive's model number is M3958 (for those interested).

Tom Renz