HP3000-L Archives

February 2001, Week 4

From:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jim Phillips <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 14:53:52 -0500
<[log in to unmask]> writes:

> I would be very interested in seeing an example of a patent on a
discovered
> gene enforced, as I doubt that, in this context, that has happened. I
would
> rather that such nonsense not be a good idea, but it is not that different
> from a "copyleft" in one sense, in making something available for anyone's
> use, so long as they don't claim it for their own.

As I posted before:

See:

http://www.cbsnews.com/now/story/0,1597,274155-412,00.shtml

This is the text of the story 60 Minutes ran last night detailing some of
the abuses of gene patents.  In the story there were some cease and desist
orders delivered to researchers.

Jim Phillips                           Information Systems Manager
Email: [log in to unmask]     Therm-O-Link, Inc.
Phone: 330-527-2124                         P. O. Box 285
Fax:   330-527-2123                           10513 Freedom Street
Web:   http://www.tolwire.com          Garrettsville, OH  44231