HP3000-L Archives

February 2001, Week 3

From:
"Sohrt, Jeff" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sohrt, Jeff
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 13:32:43 -0800
Thanks to all of you who responded to this subject.  I can lay the
Reflection problem to rest now.

It turns out the problem with Reflections was not in the software itself,
v7, v8 or what have you, but in fact I had an old version of the PCLINK that
sits in our PUB.SYS.  The pclink was version 2.68.  Once I put it on 3.5x,
the posix transfers started flying like a hot knife through butter.

During this process I had the grand luxury of downloading Version 8 of
Reflection which has a much improved FTP client.  Previously I could not
drag and drop the files (I had to issue a command PUT myfile ./myfile, which
was ugly) but with v8 they've fixed a lot of the problems in FTP and I can
drag and drop files back and forth to my hearts content.

I could set up a Samba share, but since all I'm doing is xfering files, this
is quicker and more elegant.  I did notice a small glitch in bytestream
files but I didn't investigate it too thoroughly at that moment.

Ciou,
jds