HP3000-L Archives

February 2001, Week 3

From:
Tony Summers <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Tony Summers <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 16:53:59 +0000
Why not define different Device configurations and then type ALTFILE X;DEV=DISCGP1

Eg We have DISC defined as all LDEVs

   23     DISC
   25     DISC
    2     DISC
    3     DISC
    5     DISC
    4     DISC
    8     DISC
    1     DISC
   24     DISC

But there's nothing to stop you defining a sub-group of the above LDEVs

SHOWDEV DEVGP1

    2     DISC
    3     DISC
    5     DISC
    4     DISC

And when you enter the above MPEX command, any segments on devices that aren't in the above list SHOULD get moved across.

Rememer you can confirm whereabouts the file's segments are located using LISTF <fileset> , 4

Best of luck !

>>> John Clogg <[log in to unmask]> 21/02/01 16:44:41 >>>
I do not believe MPEX has ever had that capability.  Some of the
defragmentation tools, such as Defrag-X from Lund, or DSM from Bradmark can
do this, I believe.