HP3000-L Archives

February 2001, Week 3

From:
Dinu Iulian <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Dinu Iulian <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 11:03:21 -0500
Although I regret it, I will soon be leaving this "newsgroup". Unix is
getting more and more fans (even here, in Romania) in spite of Windows or
other OS as MPE.
My boss has decided to gradualy replace HP3000 server with an HP9000 - L and
to buy MFG-PRO some time during this year.
Now that I turned 25 and I have more then 1 year of practice as a System
Engineer HP 3000 (MPE/iX 4.0 and MPE/iX 5.5) at "Tractorul UTB" (a tractors
plant), I will start working with the instable but interesting Win NT and
Win 2000 at KRAFT FOODS Romania as LAN Administrator. I don't know if it's
the best choise but I know I passed from MPE to Win NT, from a stable OS
(and servers) to a less stable one, from tractors to sweets (chocolate),
from 3 HP3000 servers to 10 Netfinity IBM servers, from 80$/month to
180$/month. How about this?
The truth is that you have proved to be a real help to me. Therefore, your
advices helped me overcome problems as: upgrade MPE/iX 4.0 -> 5.5, instaled
patches for 9GB HDD and for Telnet and FTP servers, configurations of DTC16,
Y2K - MPE/iX 4.0, scripts, VT for PCs, and I didn't have the experience or
the preparation.

Thank you everybody (HP 3000 world) for your help and especially to:
Gavin Scott
Charles Finley
Emerson, Tom
Wayne R. Boyer
Donna Garverick
hf
chrisg@3KWORLD
Ted Ashton
CECILECHI@aol.c...
Paul Edwards
Doug Becker
Ron Horner
Barry Lake
Johnson, Tracy
VANCE,JEFF
H Lassiter
Mario Tremblay
Robert Mills
Jeff Kell
Philippe Bricon
Paul Courry
Dennis Heidner
Dave Eglington
Dave Wiseman
HOFMEISTER,JAME...
Rick Clark
Wirt Atmar
d.goldsmith02
Keven Miller
Reynolds, James
John Burke
Goetz Neumann
Stan Sieler
Barry Durand
Jeff Woods
Andreas Schmidt

Soon HP3000 will die in Romania (there are now 2-3 old servers across the
country).
I hope one day when I will have money for the airplain ticket) I will come
to work in USA, Canada or anywhere else where HP3000 has a place to exist,
if not as a System Engineer at least as an operator (of corse, if I'm
accepted).

Thank you again

Sincerely

Iulian DINU