HP3000-L Archives

February 2001, Week 3

From:
"Sohrt, Jeff" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sohrt, Jeff
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 17:09:42 -0800
Hi all, adding to Frank's question, I also got one along the same topic:

I've just written a cgi prog in Cobol using Lars example.  I like it, it
works quickly but the fact is, the program runs, opens the database, does
its stuff, then terminates which closes the database.  At least that's the
way I figure it's working.  Is there a way to avoid the constant open/close
of the db given that web activity is a stateless matter?

I'm sure Java has a means of doing this, but can it be done in another
language???

Thanks
jds