HP3000-L Archives

February 2001, Week 3

From:
Joseph Rosenblatt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Joseph Rosenblatt <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 19 Feb 2001 13:01:31 -0500
Wyell Grunwald wrote:

>Most of the places I have worked have terminals out on the manufacturing
floor ON PURPOSE. <snip>It is a whole
>cheaper to replace terminals than PC's ...

That is true only if you are buying used terminals. New terminals are much
more expensive than low end PCs. A lot of companies are giving away their
low end PCs for the tax write off. I don't know how easy a "thin client"
network is to implement or maintain but I know people are doing it. I was
tempted to look into it after a forklift knocked down a work station for the
third time in two months.

Joseph Rosenblatt