HP3000-L Archives

February 2001, Week 3

From:
"Sohrt, Jeff" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Sohrt, Jeff
Date:
Fri, 16 Feb 2001 14:29:45 -0800
I'm doing some stuff with Posix and Apache after looking at Lars's cobol
example on jazz.  BTW, thanks Lars.

In no particular order, here goes:

1. Is there an ALTFILE method to put the "rwx" permissions on a file in the
HFS space?
2. Lars cobol example says to LINK with ;rl=/lib/libc.a ;posix ;share
   What does ";posix" and ";share" do?

APACHE (page load is slow)
3. Is it normal that a web page load might take more than an appreciable
amount of time?  I've notice that the page is all there, but the little blue
bar in MS I Explorer keeps moving accross for a few seconds as if it's
waiting for something else from the HP.

4. Why might a GIF not load?  All but one appeared.  The one that failed was
bigger but not too large.

REFLECTION
I've asked this of WRQ, and sans a reply, I'll put it to the group:
5.Can u use Reflection (V7) to transfer a file from the PC to a posix
directory.  I've specified "./filename" and it doesn't seem to like it, nor
does it like the fully qualified name with /ACCT/GROUP/whatever.

6. FTP client:  I like WRQ's FTP client but it has the same problem as
Reflection.  I coerced it to work BY going down the command line of the
client and entering in "put index.html ./index.html" -- any ideas?

Thanks in advance,
jds