HP3000-L Archives

February 2001, Week 1

From:
Wirt Atmar <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 17:15:23 EST
I just wrote:

> Actually, I'm not sure if this works for EBCDIC. However, an EBCDIC-ASCII
>  converter has been in Equater!, a free set of four calculators (scientific,
>  statistical, financial, & programmer's) developed for the HP3000 15 years
>  ago, if you want to use that. The download URL is:
>
>       http://aics-research.com/equater.html

Sometimes things change so rapidly that I have some trouble readjusting my
scales of operation :-). You kind of forget about the internet, even when
you're on it all day long.

If you don't want to download Equater!, it'd slipped my mind that you can use
in our 918, if you'd like, for a quick reference. Simply telnet into
209.181.113.217 and sign on as:

     <yourname>,demo.qcterm

If you're using QCTerm, type

     :eq

at the colon prompt. If you're using any other terminal emulator, type

     :run equater.aics.sys

Once you're in the calculator, type PRO for the programmers' calculator. The
EBCDIC and ASCII code tables are right there on the calculator.

The entire process should be virtually instantaneous.

Wirt Atmar