HP3000-L Archives

February 2001, Week 1

From:
Paul Edwards <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 02:19:00 -0600
The young lady, Kathy Bennett and her father were interviewed on the
Today show this morning by Katie Couric.

Larry Barnes wrote:

> On the national news Wednesday night they interviewed the clerk.  She said something
> wasn't right with the pictures so she called her father who is a police officer.  It
> was reported that she stalled the guy until the police could arrive and arrest him.
>
> Her name was all over the evening news.  But I didn't try to remember it.  I'm just
> greatful she listened to her 'feelings' and followed thru.
>
> L.B.
>
> Donna Garverick wrote:
>
>> Russ Smith wrote:
>>
>>> On the local new in the Bay Area last night, the name of the clerk was
>>> intentionally withheld because some references to "we" (as opposed to "I")
>>> were found in the suspects writings/recordings.  Until the police have
>>> determined whether or not there are others involved in the plans, they
>>> wanted to protect the identity of the clerk.  Since people talk, however,
>>> I'm sure any regular at the store would know who this was.
>>
>> i should clarify a bit....  i never did intend to provide the clerk's name.  i
>> doubt whoever this is needs any more publicity :-)
>>
>> oddly enough, this person's action has been taken in-stride here.  like 'yet
>> another heroic action' :-)  i've forwarded your (really nice!) comments along to
>> the appropriate people here asking that 'more appropriate' folks know the kind
>> of impression that was made.
>>
>> at least to me -- i'm quite appreciative of what's been said.  thank you all
>> very much :-)       - d
>>
>> --
>> Donna Garverick     Sr. System Programmer
>>
>> "Unix _is_ user friendly.
>> It's just very selective about who its friends are.
>> And sometimes even best friends have fights."

 Paul Edwards                     HP 3000 Certified Consultant
 Paul Edwards & Associates        Phone: (972) 242-6660
 1506 Estates Way                 Fax  : (972) 446-9022
 Carrollton TX 75006              Email: [log in to unmask]