HP3000-L Archives

February 2001, Week 1

[log in to unmask][log in to unmask], 2 Feb 2001 16:41:51 -0600711_iso-8859-1 Hello Friends

Lars Appel keeps us up to date on Alfredo's skiing career:

>A fellow HP colleague from Austria just faxed me a newspaper article...
>
> Ein Sp=E4tberufener Ski-Exot und Selbstversorger
>
> Der Mathematik-Professor aus Guatemala, Alfredo Rego, stellt das einzige
> Einmann-Team der WM. Erst mit 40 Jahren hat er zu Skilaufen begonnen.
>
> ST. ANTON (bene). Alfredo REGO ist 54 Jahre alt, Universit=E4tsprofessor=
> f=FCr
> Mathematik und Physik, stammt aus der alten guatemaltekischen Hauptstadt
> Antigua und hat zwei Rekorde bei der WM in St. Anton schon gebrochen: Er
> ist der =E4lteste Teilnehmer [...]40_2Feb200116:41:[log in to unmask]
Date:
Fri, 2 Feb 2001 10:03:27 -0500
X-no-Archive:yes
I could be entirely mistaken, but I seem to recall that someone we worked
with used the Minisoft terminal emulator, and that it could and did transfer
files over a telnet connection. I have no idea how this would help you
transfer a file between the 3000 and AT&T. Perhaps someone from Minisoft can
address this?

I'm guessing that you are going to need a two stage process, download to a
workstation then upload to the 3000. Unless you used a client on the
workstation to download to a SAMBA share on your 3000... and then you would
have bytestream file, which may or may not be what you want.

Greg Stigers
http://www.cgiusa.com