HP3000-L Archives

February 2001, Week 1

From:
Jérôme Leproux <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jérôme Leproux <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 11:32:05 +0100
Hi Cary,

when adding new disks to your configuration, don't forget to create first a
path with ID=PSEUDO.
For example, let's assume your FWSCSI card has path 0/20 and you want to add
a disk ldev 30 with path 0/20.10.0
You'll have first to add in sysgen's io menu the 0/20.10 path with id=PSEUDO
before adding your new device :
        io> AP 0/20.10 id=PSEUDO
        io> AD 30 path=0/20.10.0 id=your disk's ID
        io> HOLD
        io> EXIT
  sysgen> KEEP

You can then dynamically validate your configuration (HASS disks may be
hot-plugged) using the DOIONOW utility.

Warning :  be careful with your disk's id since you could assign a SCSI-SE
disk's ID to a FW-SCSI disk, and it would run after a dynamic configuration,
but your disk wouldn't be recognized on the next reboot. If you're not sure
of the id, have a look to the IODFAULT.PUB.SYS file in which you'll can
check if the id you are ready to use matches your disk's type.

You'll then have to initialize your new disks with volutil, using the NEWVOL
command (and maybe before the SCRATCHVOL command). For example, if you want
to add your ldev 30 as the 5th disk in your system volume set :
volutil: SCRATCHVOL 30 (if your disk is shown in LONER status by the DSTAT
ALL command)
*verify: Scratch volume on Ldev 30 [Y/N] ? Y
*Note: Loner volume scratched on ldev 30.
volutil: NEWVOL MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SET:MEMBER5 30 100 100
*Verify: Initialize new volume .....

Hope this will help ...

Jérôme LEPROUX
Cheops Technology France