HP3000-L Archives

February 2001, Week 1

From:
Christian Lheureux <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Wed, 7 Feb 2001 09:31:38 +0100
In Europe, the software tier structure for A- and N-Class HPe3000s is as
follows :

A400-100-110 : Tier 1 (#310)
A500-100-140 : Tier 1 (#310)
A500-200-140 : Tier 1 (#310)

N4000-100-220 : Tier 4 (#330)
N4000-100-330 : Tier 4 (#330)
N4000-100-440 : Tier 4 (#330)
N4000-200-440 : Tier 4 (#330)

N4000-300-440 : Tier 6 (#340)
N4000-400-440 : Tier 6 (#340)
N4000-300-550 : Tier 6 (#340)
N4000-400-550 : Tier 6 (#340)

To make things a little simpler :

Tier 1 : A-Class (all)
Tier 4 : N-Class (1- and 2-way)
Tier 6 : N-Class (3- and 4-way)

Please note that this applies to Europe, MEA and Africa. My own best guess
would be that it also applies to Americas and ICON, but of course this
should be confirmed or denied by HP.

For those interested, I maintain a matrix that has all the HP3000s starting
from the Series II up to the N4000. For convenience and compatibility
purposes, I still use the former Tier 1, 4 and 6 denominations instead of 1,
2 and 3 that in theory should now be applicable.

Most important is that this covers HP software tiers. Third Parties have the
choice to follow this classification or not. For consistency's sake, we at
APPIC have always followed it for our own HPe3000 software.

Hope this helps.

Christian Lheureux
Responsable du Département Systèmes et Réseaux
Head of Systems and Networks Department
APPIC R.H.
HPConnect Systems Integrator / HP3000 Expert / HP e-Partner
Tel : +33-1-69-80-97-22   /   Fax : +33-1-69-80-97-14 / e-mail :
"Le Groupe APPIC recrute, contactez nous !"