HP3000-L Archives

February 2001, Week 1

From:
Jeff Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Jeff Woods <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 3 Feb 2001 04:01:25 -0700
John Dunlop wrote:
>In my opinion, this list can do without this type of seed.
>In fact, I suggest a total ban on any OT threads involving either
>Politics or Religion (or both!).
>There is such diversity on this list that the above subjects seem to
>generate huge numbers of posts which fill up people's inboxes.
>Usually these topics are treated with a US bias and it can cause
>exception from people in other parts of the world.
>Just something I thought I would mention as the thread is getting
>longer and longer.

FWIW:  "What he said!" with just one exception:  I'm pretty uncomfortable
with the notion of "a total ban" on any subject...  but *PLEASE*, let's all
show some restraint and see if we can keep the "religious discussions" (and
in my opinion, that's anything where personal preference or "pure faith"
dictates whether about philosophy, politics, disc vs "disk", vi vs emacs,
or even *gasp* religion) to a minimum.  Please?  :)

--
Jeff Woods