SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2001

From:
Huw Porter <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 1 Feb 2001 12:38:11 -0500
On Thu, 1 Feb 2001 19:34:27 +1100, David Strike <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

<snip>

>the Superbowl of U.S. diving, in much the same way that Huw - from the UK -
>regards Shelly Beach as the Wembley of Diving!  (The main difference being
>that Shelly Beach is only a stone's throw from the Steyne Hotel pub - known
>to us as the "Stinky Drain"!)  :-)

I'll forever treasure the memory of striding down that hallowed sand. :-)
Still, the UK diving season should be kicking off soon, then I can look
forward to discovering the delights of Stoney Cove. <g>

BTW, did anything come of the plan to have a mini-NEDfest in St Kilda?
(Andy, Mika?)

Cheers,
Huw
--
http://www.huwporter.com
"A wise diver will refrain from written descriptions of his experiences"