SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2001

From:
Reef Fish <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 12 Feb 2001 09:09:07 -0500
On Fri, 9 Feb 2001 04:10:16 -0500, Brad Stambaugh <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Bob,
>
>The video arrived,

FRIDAY???  The US P.O is getting almost as bad as the OZ one.  You mean
I squandered pocket-full of fish-stamps to send it PRIORITY (supposedly
two-day delivery) Mail and it took a WEEK?   I want you to take the
postmarks to the P.O. and demand my money back.   :-)  According to
schedule, it should have arrived MONDAY.

>I watched it three times, and it's still great.
>Thanks for sending it. I hope I get to see such abundant marine life
>when I finally make it to the Caribbean.

Except for the 10-minutes of Eagle Rays in squadrons, you won't see
any of them in the Caribbean.  :-)  They were exclusively Cocos
Island, where you've seen more hammerhead sharks and sharks in
general than a lifetime of diving in the Csribbean.

But Cocos Island BOTTOMS out at 180 fsw, and the water is COLD (less
than 78F sometimes <G>), and diving the WWW (Warm Water Walls) are
something you don't get in Cocos.

I will copy the tape this week,
>and send the original to Mike.

You've got the original COPY of the original.  :-)

>Speaking of going to the Caribbean, ........I will take a look around
>the couch cushions for the down payment ($583. ?) on the 2002 CA IV
>Nedfest. I might find the money in there somewhere. Remember, I just
>bought regulators, and a Halcyon rig. And I have a few other things
>going on too, so it won't be easy. But, I'm a definite maybe.

That's definitely better than a "defenate wannabee."

Which reminds me of an OLD joke I heard (not told in scuba forums
before).  Teacher says to Johnny in the English class, "Give us a
sentence in which the word 'definite' is used properly."

Johnny thought for a brief moment and asked, "Do farts have lumps?",
and upon getting a negative reply from the teacher, said, "I definitely
shit in my pants."

To Jeff et al who are forever having a fixation on the word 'definite',
remember Johnny (no, that's NOT John Nitrox).   :-)

-- Bob.

By next