SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2001

Date:
Wed, 28 Feb 2001 13:22:36 -0100
At 23:39 27/02/01 -0600, Don wrote:

>That's interesting.  I now have two dive computers
(CUT)

>In repetitive diving last week on the third dive of the fourth
>day (12th dive overall) there was a 58 minute disparity between
>the bottom time remaining on the two computers.
>
>So which one do I trust?  Are they both infallible?

1.  I would trust the more conservative.
2.  Where is the trip report ?  :-)

#1 explained: The new generation of computers (Suunto's which I know you
now use) were modified according to some doppler studies of microbubbles.
I think that the difference between your computers is mainly due to this fact.

In my regular diving group, we have two computers with the modfied
algorythm and an older one with the former algorythm.  There is always a
difference in bottom times (the old one gives more bottom time).  We always
dive according to the new ones.  BTW, the diver with the old computer
claims that his computer is better because it gives more diving time :-)

Regards,

                   Kuty