SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2001

From:
Christian Gerzner <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Feb 2001 20:28:53 +1100
On Sun, 25 Feb 2001 07:01:45 -0500, Reef Fish
<[log in to unmask] wrote:
(big snips)

> I cited the very sentence BELOW, which was immediately after your
> two paragraphs of complaint above!

> I don't see the point of the line above, nor the point of the "real
> soon now" if they were not your dig on google being "readied for
> display".

I apologise, you're quite right.

My comment, please believe this, was _not_ supposed to be derogatory
(in any sense) of Google, it was an expression of speech much used in
this computer age. When I saw it again I must simply have discounted
it. To my mind it was simply not an event, no malice intended and
therefore none remembered.

>From memory, it was Bjorn that agreed with me that Google was pretty
damned good. I think he might have been in the Philippines at the time
so it was a while ago.

It serves to show, however, the way people on this medium can get this
medium wrong. I think Strike, for one, has some theories on this. :-7

Again, my apologies,

Christian