SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2001

From:
Lee Bell <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 21:16:18 -0500
Reef Fish wrote:

> >Ah!  But I didn't pose the question to you and Bob!  :-)
>
> Lee sticks his fingers into everybody's pie, and more often than
> not he doesn't know what he is talking about, but he likes to
> hear himself talk.

And you would be doing what with this post?  Could this possibly be a case
of the pot calling the kettle black?  Do the words "practice what you
preach" have a familiar ring?

> He has been a tedious pest and will remain HISTORY in my book.

> >According to the press release posted by Kelly they are:
> >"Waterproof to 200 feet, these EPIRBs will be carried by each divemaster
> and
> >buddy team. In an emergency separation, divers will simply raise the
> >instrument's antenna, emitting a trackable radio signal to an
> >omni-directional receiver on board the Palau Aggressor II."
> >
> >Which assumes, to my way of thinking, that ACR have come up with a unit
> >capable of being carried to such depths.  (It also suggests that just
> >perhaps it might be a specially designed locator unit that, while sharing
> >the same acronym as the Emergency Position Indicator Radio Beacon is, in
> >fact, something else entirely!!!!)  :-)
> >
> >Strike
>
> Which was precisely my original point, which launched Lee into his
> diatribe.  I am happy to pass on his verdict to you, Strike!  :-)
> Here it is:

I'm sorry, I must have missed something.  You say something is your point
and here it is, then you include not a single word of what you said.  Could
that possibly be because every word you said was wrong or did you big hard
drive suddenly get smaller.

> Lee>  Once again, you've involved yourself in a discussion of things
> Lee>  you know very little about.   Once again, you've jumped in to
> Lee>  criticize someone else and gotten it wrong.  Not only is there
> Lee>  a standard meaning for for EPIRB it specifically is the standard
> Lee>  meaning for the ACR EPIRB, the one mentioned in the article.
> Lee>  The meaning is Emergency Position Indicating Radio Beacon,
> Lee>   exactly like Christian said.

> Strike, how DARE you question Christian when don't know squat about
> Christian's and Lee's EPIRB, and all you have to offer are stupid
> ideas only you and Bob could think up.

Sorry Bob, but you can't use Strike to get you out of this one.  Either
stand on your own two feet, like the man you ought to be, or go hid in a
corner like the child you are emulating.  You, who say you never discuss
what you don't know about, did.  You, who don't know about EPIRBs presumed
to tell others what the term means and does not and defend an advertisement
you had not even bothered to read.  You who are quick to tell everyone else
to do their research before they open their mouths, didn't do yours.  You
got caught, you got called on it and now you are mouth dancing and trying to
divert attention to others, your usual pattern.  So just call Christian and
me idiots, complete the pattern and be done with it.  You lost before you
even got started good.  Time to give it up.

> I read Wade's post on the subject of EPIRB.  He had more INFO and
> better sense in 1/10 of his post than the 20 (?) posts Lee has
> made on the same subject.  It's so transparent!
Everyone is entitled to his/her opinion.  My opinion is that the difference
between your post and Christian's was several times the gap between mine and
Wade's.  BTW, look back to see what Wade said about someone else mentioning
406 MHz EPIRBs and then tell us all who you think that someone might have
been.

> Now I can go on to enjoy other lists and newsgroups in which Lee is not
present. :-)

You're free to go an bully people somewhere else.  Of course, if I happen to
run across you being one, expect more of the same.  I have a very short
tolerance for bullies and you've more than exhausted your fair share.Don't
let the door hit you on the way out.

Lee