SCUBA-SE Archives

February 2001

From:
Krazy Kiwi <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 22 Feb 2001 03:56:23 -0500
On Thu, 22 Feb 2001 David Strike <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>It was while we were living in Darwin, shortly after Cyclone Tracy
>destroyed the town on Christmas Eve, 1974 ...
<snip of the kiwi shears to the funny bit>
>One night, I gathered up as many as I could, rushed into one of
>the toilets and flushed them all down the loo. Now I'm not a plumber,
>so I don't really understand how this particular unit worked. But
>instead of going on a long voyage to where-ever, all of the frogs
>immediately re-appeared in the other toilet bowl.  I know it was
>immediate because I heard Sylvia!

Thanks for the laff Strike :-)
I did similar myself except, while going through a long tomboy phase, I put
my friends - a jar full of cute lil tadpoles, in to my step-fathers water
tank. The day he turned the tap on to get some water & it was blocked up
with frogs I was in deep manure ;-)

Talking of manure - I just received our National News Summary and an item
on cows caught my attention.  'Cow gas study: Australian farmers told to
work out how often their cows burp so scientists can work out how cow gas
contributes to greenhouse gas'.  Whatever next!

>Sylvia still believes that one day, I might grow up!   :-)

You! Never ;-)

>BTW, Huw!  You're now starring on Asian Diver Magazine's web-site! :-)

Oh goodie! Will check that out now.
Viv