HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 4

From:
Lee Courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Lee Courtney <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 19:30:43 -0600
I've moved several systems from Canada to the Bay area recently. I used an
Allied Van Lines licensee (Tippet-Richardson) and they were very helpful
with customs etc. However, the Allied agent on this end was learning the
ropes and this caused several delays which it would have been nice to avoid.

In a nutshell I just called around asking if the transport company had a
"blanket wrapping service" (where they wrap the systems in moving blankets)
and then got a quote. You might also ask your CE (do those still exist?) or
hardware maintenance supplier.

At the Computer Museum History Center we use North American Van Lines and
they do a GREAT job. Last year they moved about 100 tons (yes 200,000 lbs! I
think it came to at least 5 very large tractor trailer loads) of equipment
for us cross-country without a hitch.

Good Luck!

Lee Courtney
Monterey Software Group Inc.
1350 Pear Avenue, Suite J
Mountain View, California 94043-1302
(650) 964-7052 voice, (650) 964-6735 fax, (408) 237-1705 beeper

www.editcorp.com/Businesses/MontereySoftware

Justin Garabedian <[log in to unmask]> wrote in message
> All,
>     I am interested in moving some HP equipment from Canada to Ohio.  Does
> any have any suggestions on movers, equipment transport companies, etc?
Any