HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 4

From:
"Karman, Al" <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Karman, Al
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 14:54:15 -0600
Greetings, my bare-armed, gun totin' amperage-challenged -L e-friends.......

A brief post-mortem on my ftp problem (logon to an NT 4.0 box, getting the
'welcome' message, and withering on the vine, praying for the timeout to cut
me loose)

HPRC (Yes, They Were Home Today!) have encountered this.  Apparently, MPE/iX
doesn't like, not even a little bit, having ANYTHING other than viewable,
non-blank text in an NT machine's welcome message it'd like to become
attached to.

After removing the carriage return from the end of the welcome message, it's
all better!

Thanks again to all those who responded!

Al Karman
IT Consultant
US Freightways