HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 4

From:
Andreas Schmidt <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Thu, 25 Jan 2001 17:34:13 +0100
what I do on Unix is to use sed.

If I want to change more than one file I use a home-written command editchg
(guess where this name came from) what does the following:

#! /bin/sh

# Name : /WEB/DOC/editchg

# Script to change one literal to another for more files
# written by Andreas Schmidt 17JAN95
# imported to HP3000 10FEB97

for file in $(ls -1 /SYS/SCHMDA)
   do
        sed [log in to unmask]@DEU.DUPONT.COM/ $file > t
        mv t $file
   done

oops, that's the one I have already on MPE!

It's probably not the best you could do on HFS file space if MPEX EDITCHG will not work ... but it does what is supposed.

Best regards, Andreas Schmidt, CSC, Germany

"Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>@RAVEN.UTC.EDU> on 25/01/2001
05:15:06 PM

Please respond to "Johnson, Tracy" <[log in to unmask]>

Sent by:  HP-3000 Systems Discussion <[log in to unmask]>