HP3000-L Archives

January 2001, Week 4

Date:
Wed, 24 Jan 2001 12:27:21 -0500
X-no-Archive:yes
James Hofmeister wrote:
I had a tool I ran which feed the current date -7 into the store
command.
--------
We use a "today" command file that I got from the DenKor site. TODAY.XEQ
-![HPDAY - 1] gives me date variables for last Saturday, which is when we do
our fulls, normally scheduled for 10PM (a bit strange, I know), or Sunday
before 10PM if there was a delay. Of course, TODAY.XEQ -!HPDAY would give
last Sunday's date. I even extended the command file to give me a date
variable suitable for using in SELEQs for SPOOLF DELETEs, so I've found it
handy and recommend it.

Larry Barnes wrote:
I have added this routine to backups but only purge them when it's the
first back of the month.  If you have MPEX the if construct is easy.
Remember that the first backup doesn't always occurr on a weekday night.
--------
We also use MPE logic to detect the first Saturday of the month, which are
our "monthly" full backups, which are retained longer than the weekly fulls:

!IF (HPDAY = 1 AND HPHOUR < 22) &
!   OR (HPDAY = 7 AND HPHOUR >= 22)
!   IF HPDATE > 7 THEN
!      TELLOP This is a Weekly Backup
!   ELSE
!      TELLOP This is a Monthly Backup
!   ENDIF
!   CONTINUE
!   STORE ^!HPJOBNAME;!TAPE;DIRECTORY; &
!       ONVS=MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SET,CGI;PROGRESS;SHOW=DATES;STATISTICS
!ELSE
!   TELLOP This is a Daily Backup
!   #Create variables for last Sunday's date
!   TODAY.XEQ -![HPDAY - 1]
!   SHOWVAR DATE2
!   CONTINUE
!   STORE ^!HPJOBNAME;!TAPE;DATE>=!DATE2;DIRECTORY; &
!       ONVS=MPEXL_SYSTEM_VOLUME_SET,CGI;PROGRESS;SHOW=DATES;STATISTICS
!ENDIF

Greg Stigers
http://www.cgiusa.com